Welcome to Missourians for Responsible Government
Missourians for Responsible Government (MFRG) is a 501(c)4 non-profit organization founded in 2006 and dedicated to preserving the rights of Missourians, limiting the size and scope of state and local government, protecting and expanding the free market, and promoting the idea that governments have authority only through the consent of the governed. MFRG does this by conducting policy and public opinion research and educating the public and policy makers. MFRG is also dedicated to supporting Missouri organizations that work to promote sound public policy and candidates dedicated to small government and free markets.
MFRG focuses on a few issues of great interest to Missourians, including fiscal policy, education, property rights, government reform and the ability of the people to hold their government accountable. A brief description of each follows:
- Fiscal policy: MFRG is committed to ensuring that Missouri's government is as efficient and effective as possible with taxpayers' money, leaving the free market choices of Missourians unfettered to build a better future for all.
- Education policy: MFRG is resolved to make sure that parents--who have the first responsibility for the education of their children--are free to act in the best interests of their children.
- Property rights: MFRG will work to make sure that Missourians' property rights are respected and protected by all levels of government.
- Government reform: MFRG believes that power needs to be returned to the legislative braches of government where the people have a say.
- Public accountability: MFRG is dedicated to protecting Missourians' right to petition their government thorough amendments to the constitution, and to limit the ability of individual politicians to make a career out of politics.
- Free Speech: Common through all MFRG's policy areas is the belief that free and unfettered political speech is a necessary ingredient in any effort to affect government.
MFRG's flagship publication is sponsored by water damage restoration Grand Rapids MI